If you are a fan of Instagram, you might have seen an influx of Instagram videos showing up in your newsfeed which are short but interesting. More and more people would like to upload their videos like MP4 to Instagram to share with friends and the world. Some of them did, but some failed and found Instagram video not playing. How to solve it? Read on to learn the reason and solution.
Before the analytics, you have to know the Instagram supported posting video specifications then you can know if your MP4 meets Instagram’s need.
Detailed Instagram Video specifications
To post MP4 video to Instagram successfully, your video should follow the below specification. Even though it can’t fulfill all the specs, just keep them close!
Composition Size: maximum width 1080 pixels
Frame Rate 29.96 frames per second (max 30fps, but should be fixed, not variable)
H.264 codec / MP4
5,500 kbps video bitrate (although Instagram may reduce this to 3,500kbps when we post it)
AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono (up to 128kbps)
Video length: 3~60 seconds
File size isn’t specifically limited by Instagram, but we recommend keeping your videos under 50MB.
Now, just check if your MP4 meet the criterion. Maybe, you can find the reason why you can’t post MP4 to Instagram after checked it.
Guess Why You Can’t Post MP4 to Instagram
1. If your MP4 video is from DJI Phantom 4 Pro and iPhone 8 Plus recording, they may be 4K resolution while Instagram only can accept 1080p MP4.
2. Some screen capture software will record video files in MP4 format with variable frame rate. Instagram doesn’t support MP4 video with variable fps and it only can support MP4 video with max 30fps.
3. MP4 is a video container that can hold various video codec such as H.264, H.265, XviD, MPEG4. Instagram only supports H.264 MP4 video.
4. Instagram not only limits the MP4 video codec, it also has requirement on audio codec. AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono (up to 128kbps) will be perfect.
5. Videos need to be at least 3 seconds long and Instagram limits videos to 60 seconds. So make sure your MP4 video is 3 secs to 60 secs.
6. You can’t upload MP4 videos to Instagram from a desktop computer.
7. To upload MP4 video to Instagram successfully, please make sure that you have a more reliable network (3G/4G/WiFi). Until the whole posting is done keel the app open Do not Remove it from Background Task App List.
When all your MP4 videos are suitable for Instagram, you now can try to post MP4 video to Instagram.
To import and share all MP4 videos to Instagram, what you need to do is to convert and tweak MP4 files. Here you can use UFUSoft Video Converter(or Mac) to transcode and tweak MP4 to Instagram best format/codec – H.264 codec / MP4. Besides, this instagram video converter software is able to convert video media files from any SD/HD/4K format including AVI, H.265, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, SWF, FLV, MPG, ASF, AVCHD to Instagram best format with zero quality loss. And with its built-in video editor, you can trim or split your large videos into shorter 15 min sections so as to share on Instagram without any limit.
For Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP/NT/2000 Users :
For MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, MacOS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion ect Users :
How to Transcode MP4 to Instagram format/codec for nice posting
Step 1: Add MP4 video(s)
Click “Add files” on the top tool bar, or simply drag and drop to import the videos.
Step 2: Select Output Profile
Click on the output format selector on the lower part. There are many built-in profiles for popular devices. Click “Format” bar, and select .mp4 from “Common video” or “HD video” to fit Instagram.
Tips: Edit the MP4 videos (Optional)
- By clicking “Edit selected task” button, you can trim, crop the video, or add watermark, adjust effect, attaching subtitles for pre-editing your video files.
- Trim – Choose to reserve the part you need. Just choose the chapter which you need to trim, to set “start time” or “end time”, type the portion which you want to save.
- Crop – Remove black edges of your video or just get the scale of this video you want.
- Effect – Adjust the effects by adjusting the parameters.
Step 3: Convert MP4 to H.264 MP4 for Instagram
Click the “Convert” button on the main interface and the software will start to convert MP4 to Instagram friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click “Open” to find the converted video files.
After the conversion, click “Open” button to get the exported files and then upload the converted MP4 files into Instagram for sharing anywhere.